Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dangerous to Stay at Home more than 6 weeks

I try to travel for my blogs as often and as long as 
my budget will allow.

But I discovered it is dangerous for me to stay at the home base longer than 6 weeks.

Why?
The first two weeks are clean up and clear up the house, the yard and the billing errors.
Next I start to write from day one of the adventure until the return, approximately day 30+- so that I do not forget or miss an event that was noteworthy when it occured.

At about the 6th week my NEED to be back on the road, my DISPLEASURE with being trapped in a city I do not find interesting and my FEAR that I will not find enough time to do what I truly want to do, start to fade and the danger starts.

The danger of starting to cocoon in a familiar place
The danger of never leaving the house except for errands or necessity
The danger of beginning  to think " I can wait to take that trip"  or  "I really don't need to go there".

It is far easier to stay here and do nothing than to go solo to towns/cities/countries where every day is work...... Travel adventures are not vacations.  On vacation you go/sit/see in a location.
On a travel adventure solo, you must plan, execute, search, solve problems EVERYDAY, all day.

There is a constant energy generated by travel not as a tourist.  It feeds the next event, the next day's plan, the next challenge or experience.

How long do you stay at 'home' before you take your next travel adventure?


No comments:

Post a Comment