Monday, May 25, 2015

Travel Books NOT for Tourists



Meet the Locals and Learn About your Destination

 I asked Gigi to introduce herself to Mature Solo Travel because travel is not a 'age' it is an attitude.


Hey all! My name is Gigi Griffis and I'm a world-traveling entrepreneur and writer with a special love for inspiring stories, new places, and living in the moment.

In May 2012, I sold my stuff, gave up my lease in Denver, Colorado, and took to the road with a growing business and a pint-sized pooch named Luna.

Since then, I've been traveling full-time mostly in Europe. I've spent quiet months in the Italian countryside, long summers in the Swiss Alps, and surprisingly sunny Novembers in places like the French Basque country or Croatia's Dalmatian Coast. 

So, how do I support my travels? I'm a freelance writer for travel magazines and I write and publish a series of unconventional guidebooks called the 100 Locals series.

 The idea behind the books is that the best travel advice comes from locals. They know where to find the hidden-away pizzeria with no English menus, how to locate the quietest, most beautiful hiking trails in the Alps, and--just as important--how to fit in with the local culture. 
And so my books are collections of interviews with people who live in and love Italy, Paris, Barcelona, Prague, and now Switzerland.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gigi Griffis
Travel Writer & Guidebook Architect at gigigriffis.com

Facebook  I  @gigigriffis 
Going to Italy? Paris? Prague? Barcelona? I wrote a guidebook series for you

No comments:

Post a Comment