Saturday, January 26, 2013

I didnt recongnize you until you smiled...

This was the strange comment I received at the Microsoft store in Atlanta, Ga
I have the one year training program and I am SURE they do not expect clients to come every week.

Well they were in for a surprise when I signed on.....

I am on first name basis with most of the staff but a few are really tired of working with me....

Too bad.......

But this week while waiting for a training session,   I was surprised when one of the staff who I had spoken with about Italy (another Italian American I have met)   said " I didn't recognize you until you smiled".     It occurred to me that now that I have reached the age of 'invisibility' I don't make the effort to stand out.   

And how  strange because almost 24/7 I am happier than I have every been.  Happier than when I made enough money to 'buy things' to make me happy.   Life is very strange.

But becoming invisible was one of the big surprises.     Unless you are strange, forceful or wear something outlandish   a 'mature' person can travel through the mall, the grocery store or even on a busy street and NEVER BE NOTICED......

My favorite proof of this 'condition' is when I try to pay for an item in a store.  It is almost impossible.    When they ask 'who is next' and I have been at the front of the line for 10 minutes, another customer steps forward.   Often I will just leave the item on the nearest counter and leave.
Treat me poorly and you can NOT have my money.....

Time for people to notice who and what is around them.  Put the damn phone in your pocket.

More on this topic later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment